PRACTICE PROBLEMS :
1. Calculate the momentum of a 0.15 kg ball that is moving toward
home plate at a velocity of 40m/s.
2. Which has greater momentum, a 2.0kg hockey puck moving
east at 2.5m/s or a 1.3kg hockey puck moving south at 3.0m/s?
3. A track athlete throws a 2kg discus into a field with a velocity of
21m/s. What is the momentum of the discus?
4. Calculate the momentum of a 700g ball that is rolling down a
ramp at 4.6m/s.
5. A cannon fires a 40.5kg shell toward a target and the shell
moves with a velocity of 120m/s. Calculate the shell's momentum.
Feeling pretty good about your abilities? Try some of the