- Frequently Asked
Questions - Faculty
- - How do I put a book
- - How do I remove books from reserve?
- - How do I check out library materials?
- - Do I have to come to the library to renew a book?
- - Do I have to come to the library to return a book?
- - How do I
find materials that aren't at the JPII Library?
- - How do I recommend a book for purchase by the library?
- - Where can I find copyright information?
- How do
I put a book on reserve?
- You need to come to the circulation desk with the books to
be placed on reserve and request a Faculty Reserve Form, one for each class. The form is
also available online for you to print. Please allow 48 hours for items to be placed on
reserve. You may also put personal books and other items on reserve.
Faculty Reserve Form here.
do I remove books from reserve?
- Notify the Head of Public Services which items you are
taking off reserve and when you would like them removed. Please allow us sufficient time
to remove these items from the catalog. Expect delays at the end of the semester.
do I check out library materials?
- Bring the book, video or other materials you want to check
out and your university ID card to the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the
library. Your university ID card is always necessary for checking out books. Faculty can
check out items for the length of the semester and can borrow a maximum of 50 books from
all sources at any one time.
- Do I have to come to
the library to renew a book?
- At the end of the semester, faculty can renew books by
calling or e-mailing Loretta Gossett (x7049).
- Back to top
- Do I have
to come to the library to return a book?
- Materials from the John Paul II library can be returned by
using the "book return bin" located in the lobby of Egan Hall any day of the
week. Materials will be picked up at regularly scheduled times throughout the day. Overdue
or requested materials should be brought directly to the Library.
do I find materials that aren't at the JPII Library?
- If a book is not at the John Paul II Library, check the
- Articles are available through the library's Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) free of charge.
- How do I recommend a book for purchase by the
- You can submit an acquisition form, available from the
acquisitions staff at the library. Or you can submit a request online through OPAL Request a Purchase.
Please be sure to get your department's approval prior to purchase.
- Where can I find copyright information?
- A good source of information on copyrights can be found at
Montgomery College's Copyright
Back to top